Friday, May 9, 2014

Today my grade went on a field trip to a park with an enormous creek gushing through the middle. There were all of these loose leaves curling out from the corners of the river, and long, thick grasses that tickled our shoes. As we were strolling along the water, we spotted a female duck and her ducklings poking their beaks in and out of the water in order to sift out minnows to eat. 
After that we did experiments to test the cleanliness of the water by seeing the amount of a certain kind of chemical in it.
After that, most of us (including me) had somehow managed to get our shoes soaked at the toes. It was very uncomfortable having grit in my shoes.
Later, we all went to the next station, where we tickled the stream bottom, looking for underwater life.
While my friend was looking, she accidentally stepped into a trench, and the water gushed over the top of her boots. My boots, which were for loan for the station, were still perfectly fine. However, I thought that she had caught her foot in the muck at the bottom or something because she had one foot planted on a rock, and the other one on the ground. I stepped forward to help her, and sank into the ditch. Cold water quickly trickled over the brim of my boots, getting my pants wet almost to the knees.
I sloshed out of the water, shivering at the coldness. I took a boot off, held it upside down, and poured the miniature Niagra Falls onto the ground.
The rest of the day went kind of uneventfully. I'm going to browse the mall later while Edwingrim (my brother) is at a birthday party. I don't normally like shopping, but maybe there's ice cream involved.
I don't usually get ice cream at malls, but who knows. :p
Adieu!
~Edwing

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's wonderful that you'd like to comment! Just don't use bad words, or say anything that could be insulting to others.
Thanks for reading, and comment away! ^.^