Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Like the new layout? It's kind of nice and Springey, I think. ^.^

Speaking of Spring, it feels like we're far from it. For the past week or two, we've been getting heaps and heaps of snow. On one day I woke up and the roads were completely blanketed in it, but the school superintendent decided to be a lunkhead (I'm not sure if that's a term or not, but it seems fitting) and not delay OR cancel school. So I had to trudge through the dense sheet of powder, slipping and sliding on ice, to get to the bus stop. >:U

Once we got to school, all of the kids were outraged that school hadn't been canceled. We wrote very vicious acrostics for 'SNOW DAY' in English that certainly *cough* expressed our anger. Here's a typical example of one of the acrostics:

S- Superintendant is missing 90% of their brain
N- Now we're stuck at school
O- Only an insane creep would make us leave home in this weather
W- We don't want to be at school!

D- Dopes like the superintendent deserve a punch
A- Almost everyone here is angry
Y- You'd have to be a lunatic to like school after this

Really eloquent, huh? X3

After school, I went sledding on a gigantic slope that about 30-35 other kids were skidding down on their neon-colored plastic disk sleds. Here's roughly what it looked like:


The plum-colored slope represents the big hill that the majority of the kids were sliding down, and the thing that looks like a stick with rungs between that and the pink hill (aka the smaller slope) is the stairs.

The year prior, I'd been run over by two separate sleds at the same time on the plum-colored hill, so I mostly stuck to the smaller hill. But at the end, I went down the plum-colored hill by accident when I was trying to push my brother off of the precipice so that he would go down. I ended up clinging to the back of the disk sled and whooping my head off. XP

A few days later, the top coat of powder that we'd gone sledding on melted away. All of the water that was left froze up into a sheet of ice overnight, so our school got delayed. c:<

1 comment:

  1. Our bus got stuck in the snow for 15 minutes. While it was trying to move, I took a video with my phone, and you can hear the bus wheels churning in the snow and all the people behind me being like, "OMIGOSH. The bus is, like, NOT MOVINGGGG."
    X3

    ReplyDelete

It's wonderful that you'd like to comment! Just don't use bad words, or say anything that could be insulting to others.
Thanks for reading, and comment away! ^.^